CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10.23.2008

Nuni Fairy

I have been waiting to post this for a few days just because I didn't want to jinx anything.....but I think it is safe to say that Kiwi is a nuni free child. See I am all about the pacifier when they are babies, but as soon as that kid begins to talk, I think that thing needs to come out! So with Keaton being all of 2 1/2, it has been bothering me for a while now. We tried once before about 6 months ago to rid of the thing - go cold turkey- but it didn't go over well, she wouldn't sleep without it and ended up getting really sick, and we caved. So this time it was serious, there was no turning back. We went with an approach we had seen on "Super Nanny". We told Kiwi that the Nuni Fairy was coming to get her nunis to give them to all the babies in the world that needed them. We got a pretty basket, she went around and collected them all and then we set it out for the Fairy to come that night. Keaton could not sleep that night, between no nuni and the excitement of the Fairy coming she was up past midnight. She was killing me, I could hear her pulling a chair up to the window and opening the blinds to check for the Fairy! Once she fell asleep I sneaked up and replaced the multitude of nunis with presents galore, it was like Christmas up in here. She woke up bright and early, eager to see the Fairy and her goodies. Surprisingly she has only brought up her nuni a few times since then, she actually is more interested in catching a glimpse of that Fairy! We are going on 4 days nuni free and so far so good!

3 comments:

Mel said...

What a good idea. Yay!...Nuni free little girl!

Uncle Jake said...

I'm impressed. I wasn't convinced the nuni fairy idea was gonna work. I was wrong. Nice work. And some day, Kiwi will read this and know that you lied to her. =) I'm buying my plane ticket for the wedding and my winter vacation.

Mrs. Cropper said...

I love it! Check her out being potty trained and no nuni. She's practically ready to drive.